How Much Does An Air Conditioner Cost?
If you’re looking to replace your air conditioner, you’re probably wondering how much the replacement will cost. In this article, we will break down the factors that will affect the cost of an air conditioner.
Cost of an Air Conditioner Replacement
Installing an air conditioner in a home can range between $4,300-$13,000 in Florida. This will include equipment, parts, labor, permits and fees. The cost range covers different name-brand systems and sizes, seer ratings, and climate control options.
The following factors that will affect the price of your air conditioner replacement include:
- Capacity and power of the system 1.5-5 ton unit.
- Efficiency 14-26 SEER
- Installation costs
- Tax Credits and rebates
Air conditioning units typically fall into the following categories:
- Entry-level air conditioners offer single-stage cooling. They start at 14-16 SEER and, depending on brand and features, can cost between $4,300-$8,500
- Mid-range air conditioners offer two-stage cooling. They have increased efficiency. These units can save money on electricity and improve the home’s cost for resale value. These units cost between $6,500-$10,000 depending on brand and features.
- High-end air conditioners offer variable-speed cooling. They control your climate the best to ensure it stays within 1 degree of the set temperature and prevents wasteful spending on electricity. This type of AC unit will only run at the capacity needed for the moment instead of the entry-level unit that only runs using 100% power and can be costly for power usage.
Energy Saving After Air Conditioner Replacement
Customers have saved up to over $100 monthly on their electric bill when purchasing a high-end air conditioner. These units cost between $9,000-$13,000.
Why Are Air Conditioning Systems Expensive?
Air conditioning systems can be expensive due to the complexity of their technology, including compressors, coils, and refrigerants. Research, development, and manufacturing costs are high. Installation and maintenance also add to the overall cost. Despite the initial investment, efficient AC systems provide long-term comfort and potential energy savings.
Costs associated with installing a brand-new air conditioner have increased over the years due to the following:
- Cost of materials and manufacturing parts
- Regulatory standards that change
- Installation companies have increased labor rates and overhead
Do AC Companies Offer Financing?
Ask the company providing you with the quote for replacing your AC system if they offer financing. Most air conditioning companies will finance an air conditioning system through a 3rd party to help customers purchase the best unit for their home and needs. Several companies offer credit options so you can finance your new air conditioning unit by making monthly payments instead of paying cash upfront.